Using an already existing mesh from Allegorithmic [Mat_Mesh] and using Substance Painter, I textured this model to resemble earth structure and then jazzed it up with a mosaic belt and small leather gold trimmed vest. Continue reading “MatMesh – Substance Painter texturing”
The prompt to create this model was to design a 2 story fantasy house that was stumbled upon after walking through a dense of trees that came turned into an opening. The house then was to be made as if the woods were its main source of materials.
A Game to Play Forever:
A game that I can play forever is Osu!
The way I play Osu! is by using a drawing tablet and a keyboard. My tablet screen is a smaller version of my computer screen so when I hover over an area on my tablet it correlates directly to a visual cursor on my computer screen. Moving my hand and stylus over to the left/right moves the cursor left/right in the screen. The same thing happens if I move my hand and stylus up/down the mouse cursor moves up/down respectively. In order to hit the notes on the screen I move my cursor over to the place on the screen where the note appears an indication circle surrounding the note appears depicting the timing to successfully achieve the delegated points. Once the decreasing circle gets closest to the note, hitting either the “Z” or “X” key the note disappears granting the points and showing the hit-point score earned depending on the players timing. Continue reading “Interaction Review – Games”
The game is simple enough to be described in its two words within the title. There is a pig that is sliding. Sliding on what? A giant stick of butter! The concept of the game is to successfully steer the pig down a hill that is littered with bushes of irritating poison ivy and stubborn rocks and boulders that just don’t seem to want to get out of the players way.
This is the title screen for the game, depicting the pig sliding down the hill uncontrollably at rapid speeds. From the pig’s expression, it does not seem like a fun time for the poor creature.
These are concepts for the faces of my enemies and eventually mimicked by our playable character upon hitting either of the two enemies after a display of a short cut scene.
For this assignment the required task was to create and animate a character that was a combination of two random draws from a bag and I got Proboscis Monkey and an Orchid flower.
I only went through a small sketching process because I was pleased with the combination and exaggeration I implemented when creating the design of my Monkey. In every image of a proboscis monkey they all had awkward noses, so I decided to make that a main feature for appeal of my character. Then I chose to not only make the color scheme fill my character but also made the petals and bulb of the flower his entire body chemistry and make-up. Continue reading “Proboscis Monkey Orchid”
This assignment required for the class to create individual animations that were dynamic. The character we animated had to be going through extreme movements and have a fluid motion and believable actions with possibly exaggeration.
Critique from my peers were mostly the same. What they said I did well was establishing a get in your face action feel, which is what I wanted since I went for a militaristic yet marketable approach. I had a clear text hierarchy and it was easy to read for the most part. I got a few responses saying it felt high tech, which isn’t bad because this site you be used to get you ahead of the game if the user is already adept in it, or to quickly bring you up to speed.
The non-compliments were that my choice to have a button text feel on my images for gear felt intrusive to my image blocks and that the text even though already used once on the page, felt as though it didn’t belong. There were conflicting views of how cramped the webpages were since the gallery views and article views had no real spacing in between each other’s <div> and also the scale at which they were presented.
link to website:
I went for a militaristic feel more than family friendly. The color scheme for this re-design is mainly in the dark tones, sticking to gray, black, and a dark green allowing for the limited white text to pop out but not impairing the audience scrubbing through.
Here is the link to my final rendition of the website re-design and these screenshots.
Here is a very rough take on what I might have done if I was developing this website and its page.
This is what came about my redesign after first peer-critique Continue reading “Site Revision AdobeXD”